Where The Big Blogs Play!

Where The Big Blogs Play!
Where The Big Blogs Play!

Thursday 5 May 2016

Curtain Jerker



Curtain Jerker





Welcome fans, it's going to be a historic night tonight. 

The debut of the greatest Wrestling fan blog this side of the world, and now its time to welcome the owner, promoter, booker and overall mad man controller of the Warrior's Wrestle World Blog...

Aneesh Raikundalia!

*Pyro goes off, the guitar riff begins and I make my grand entrance. The crowd in a frenzy*


Pipe dreams, Pipe dreams...I know!

Anyways welcome to the Warrior Wrestle World blog, a passion of mine since 2004. 

First and foremost, let's just let the cat out of the bag; 




Wrestling isn't cool. 


At least, that's what the mainstream thinks. Wrestling hasn't been popular since the heydays of the 90's dubbed as WWE's [Then F] Attitude Era where the gargantuan collisions of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin were heavily celebrated. 


I became a fan of wrestling quite later, in fact around 2004 when the rise of John Cena was paralleled by the true fall of WWE as a product. Not to blame Cena though, he is a big draw in his own right but by then wrestling had become a past time which you had to hide you fascination from especially once you grew older and others didn't understand that wrestling indeed isn't "fake".


Is it predetermined? Yes, 

But the injuries and the work these men and women put into it is as real as anything else. 

It's a tough job to balance between sports and cinema and wrestling does it, that is why it becomes Sports Entertainment. 

When I become a fan of something, I go all in. I learn about all its aspects, its history and the different types of forms it can take. 

In this case it meant my fascination of wrestling outside of the WWE. I would watch the growing company known as TNA: Impact as well as learn of peripheral independent promotions known as ROH [Ring of Honor] and NJPW [New Japan Pro Wrestling] among others. 

One day eventually, the tragedy of Chris Benoit struck me while the transformation of the product became a disappointment and I stopped watching WWE and with that Wrestling in general. 

I'd occasionally catch a whiff of the product specifically making sure to still check out Wrestlemania, WWE's grandest event. I whipped through a few years of the singular event reveling in the return of The Rock and cheering at Shawn Michaels grand retirement match.


In 2011 I was fully back in swing with the product, it's evolution gradually started to take shape with the eventual rise of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, The SHIELD and more. 

Independent superstars of a generations made their way into the big league and WWE started to transform for the better. 


As I developed as a creative individual, I began to realize despite its low brow reputation. Wrestling was an art form and a fascinating storytelling device unto itself. 

So I started to branch out, I finally found a way to track matches on the independent scene both old and new. I saw the transformation of men like Tyler Black, Claudio Castagnoli and Jon Moxley into Seth Rollins, Cesaro and Dean Ambrose of the WWE. 

I made my headway into catching shows [anyway I could] of the likes of Mexican promotion AAA and Japanese heavyweight NJPW. 

It's been a riot. 

And then the bomb dropped last year. 


Lucha Underground was born. 

A wrestling show unlike anything else from the zany mind of grungy director Robert Rodriguez. 

It's something else as Lucha plays across seasons with cinematic level story-lines and a deep roster of deep characters from the Main Event to the Bottom Rung. 

It's worth catching and I'll do my own retrospective of it down the line. 

For now I want to welcome you to this secondary blog of mine for a special interest I'd like to keep separate from my main program [Comic Caper]. 

This is because I'm scared that the mainstream world will still find wrestling uncool, so I have no wish for this blog to affect my other one in any way.


Plus this blog will not only provide you with my insight into current wrestling and reviews of former programs and other things but also a special look see into my current developing Wrestling comic book known as; XWA [Xtreme Wrestling Alliance]. 

I'm into headway of creating a fine comic that will hopefully take the wrestling world by storm and I hope to share it with you for the insight and hopeful appeal. 

So for now, enjoy this new blog. 

For that's the Bottom-Line Cause, 

Aneesh, said so!

No comments:

Post a Comment